Wendy's in the Dominican Republic - Frosty anyone?

***The peso as of today is at $47 to $1 dollar. All prices listed are in pesos💸. 

My kids and I were so excited to see that there was a Wendy's near our apartment🏘.  Of course we enjoy going to Wendy's in the States so we were expecting the same experience we had back home. We all know that Wendy's is a franchise but even a franchise makes some cultural🌏 adjustments to its menu.

Let's discuss the positives first, shall we?


1. Customer Service
2. Decor
3. Price
4. Similar Menu Combos

1. The customer service was excellent🛃.  Everyone was patient with the kiddos and I, as we were trying to figure out what exactly we wanted. 





Decor
2. The Halloween theme was perfect.  The entire store was decorated and even some of the employees were dressed up👻. It 
made the kids feel right at home. 




3. The price was pretty much the same as in the States. I ate an Asiago Chicken sandwich meal🐔 (large) and I spent about $8 dollars.  

4. Overall the menu was the same.  Except for a few additions, a surprise my children and I were not expecting, and one disappointment.


Additions

a. Espresso Coffee
b. Chili and Rice
c. Oatmeal Cookies
d. Bacon Wrap
e. BBQ Ranch Chicken

Surprise

My daughter sees the fruit parfait on the menu and gets really excited. We order a large one to share.  Our food comes up but the parfait is not on the tray. I ask the cashier and she apologizes. She explains that they usually give the fruit parfait later after the customer has eaten because it melts. I am confused at this point but I say thank and we all sit down to eat. Later we go to get our fruit parfait🍧 and we are happily surprised that a Dominican 'fruit parfait' is not made with yogurt. It is made with the vanilla frosty. It is vanilla ice cream with strawberries and blueberries. After we realize this of course, we have to order the other parfait: chocolate oreo🍫. Yum! Yum!  They were DELICIOUS😍 


Disappointment

The one disappointment which would have been a deal breaker for my brother, Preston (Love you, brother) were the sauces. Although according to my son, "the chicken nuggets were delicious. Way better than in Maryland." The only sauces they had were Sweet and Sour and BBQ. For me Wendy's is famous for their sauces. Give me some Wendy's honey mustard, please!
Anyone hungry yet?








Overall our experience was wonderful. We had a great surprise and a disappointment that really did not affect us. My son doesn't even like sauces😁. But for everyone out there that does, bring your own Honey Mustard and do try the 'fruit parfait.' You won't regret it!














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

School Cafeteria Food in the Dominican Republic

School Supplies in the Dominican Republic! (Part 1)